Eat the right fat and lose weight rapidly
All fats contain more calories per gram than both protein and carbohydrates. Fats contain 9kcal per gram of fat and protein and carbohydrates just 4kcal per gram. Fat, therefore, keeps the body fuller for longer if the right fats are consumed. Try to stick to essential fatty acids like those contained in nuts, seeds, and oils. These contain essential fatty acids that help to prevent disease, regulate the appetite, burn off fat, improve skin health, and cushion the internal organs. They also work to improve the good HDL cholesterol levels in the blood and lower LDL (unhealthy) cholesterols.
What are the healthy fats?
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pine nuts
- Olive Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
How good are these fats?
- Coconut oil – Although coconut oil is mostly saturated fat, it transfers to the liver automatically due to its medium chain fatty acid component and converts into immediate energy so it is not stored around the stomach. This energy is utilised immediately.
- Butter – Unbelievably, butter contains omega 3 essential fatty acids, a perfect oil to help the body to get rid of belly fat, regulates the blood sugar levels, and helps to build muscle.
- Pumpkin seeds – Contain zinc which regulates blood sugar levels and controls the appetite. They also contain omega 3 and 6 to boost the metabolism.
- Chocolate – Plain or dark chocolate contains important nutrients – serotonin, dopamine, and tryptophan. These work on suppressing the appetite and stop food cravings. They also heighten the metabolism and reduce triglyceride (stored fat) levels.
- Salmon – wonderfully rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids, salmon helps to shrink fat cells in the abdomen as studies have shown. They also prevent pre-fat cells from being stored as permanent fat cells.
- Pine nuts – As a member of the seed family, they are the seed with the highest source of protein, 31g per 100g. They are the only seed to contain pinolenic acid. These fuel the hormones as well as keeping the fat levels in the body down.
- Walnuts – A very healthy nut and contains the most omega 3 out of the nut family. Omega 3 helps to reduce fat in the body and helps to burn off fats too. They are widely available during the year.
- Soya – they help fat to shed rather than muscle. They contain phytonutrients that help to prevent disease and fat busting omega 3.
- Avocado – They contain a lot of healthy fats and boost satiety from their oleic acid. This converts into oleoylethanolamide (OEA), an essential fatty acid, which gets rid of hunger pangs and sends a clear message to the brain of its satiety.
- Olive Oil – A wonderful source of mono-saturated oil and helps to break down stored fat in the body. It can also promote a reaction of fullness.
- Almonds – They contain magnesium, an essential nutrient that helps the body to produce energy. Those who seek to weight loss see nuts as a bad food but they can help to fire up weight loss.
- Flaxseeds – This wonderful oil or seeds help the body to feel fuller for longer. They contain essential fatty acids and the stomach retains food for longer. Flaxseeds also contain fiber and raise the blood sugar levels slowly.