Humidity, Cold And Flu Prevention
Bodybuilders need to understand that the bugs that cause a cold or flu during fall and winter love to flourish in the cold and dry environments. As a bodybuilder you probably want to avoid getting sick with a cold or flu because being sick will keep you from preparing for your next competition. We all know being ill means working out is not advisable, so it’s best not to get ill. Since we know the viruses flourish nicely in cold and dry conditions, the best approach is to keep away from these types of conditions.
The reason you want to be in a warm and high humidity environment is because in very low levels of humidity the nose mucus dries up. When the nose is dried up it isn’t able to guard as easily against harmful viruses and bacteria.
Sure if you blow your nose or wipe your nose you need to wash your hands because that is the best prevention. Yet, keeping moister in your nasal passages is also helpful. The best way to help fight and eliminate a virus infection is by keeping your body warm and in high humidity levels. You need to make sure you don’t get chilled after warming up the body with humidity – it’s best to bundle up.
So, it’s a good idea to keep these actions in mind:
- You can take a steam bath at the club.
- Get a nasal misting spray to keep your nose mucus moist.
- You can also use water to keep the nose mucus moist because it works well.
- You may want to set up a humidifier at work or home, even run the shower longer in the morning or at night.
- You might want to try making a cup of herbal tea, warm the hands and place your face over the rising steam while you sip your tea.
Sound pleasant doesn’t it!